Your association with Smmart Parivaar is due to your realization of the importance of getting trained for further development and growth in yourself and the organization.
Training is an intrinsic part, for the effective and efficient growth of any organization which would finally lead to accelerated growth in terms of revenue for the organization and incomes for the employees. It should be strategy-driven, driven through the right and appropriate channels, focus employees on Mission and Vision of organization and remain up-to-date on Technology and Industry changes.
It has been researched that an enterprise which conducts training programs could generate additional revenues of around 200 percent and those not adopting training could have nearly 40 percent of their employees leaving the organization presumably within a year.
Due to the importance and cost involved in training, it is essential that it should be conducted in a systematic manner, so that it is acceptable to all the participants involved in the process that is the trainees, trainer and the management.
Well here we provide you with certain indicators to recognize the need for training in your organization:
- Technological changes: Technological changes are an intrinsic part of the consistently changing business scenario, it brings about a change in the design of work, people changes, new knowledge, new attitudes and new skills which need to be reviewed, replicated and developed.
- Environmental Changes: Diversification in consumer tastes and habits, change in new products and services, change in procedures and systems, climatic changes and demand for goods of particular categories and preferences.
- Legislative changes: Changes in legislation at various levels internally by Government and externally by international companies affect organizations and make it compulsory for relevant changes to be made in policy, planning, pricing, wage and employment policies which makes training in these areas inevitable.
- Manpower Composition Changes: Change in staff composition on account of resignations, dismissals, layovers, retirement, outsourcing and other internal factors. Thus, in organizations, there are seismographic units to forecast or foresee such changes and train people accordingly.
- Personnel Involved: Various units like policy watchers, consumer market survey units, manpower planning units of an organization need to look out for changes and provide for the training needs.
How could you identify the training needs within the organization?
Do make it a point to collect data on the current situation in an organization and actual requirements. You could look at the following possibilities:
- Analysis of Primary sources: Review of sales figures, safety statistics, turnover rates, application of social science research methodology into well-documented data of personal or sales of finances function prove meaningful
- Interviews: Structured and unstructured interviews with employees and managers, work wonders in deciding training needs at managerial and employee’s level.
- Structured Questionnaire: Questionnaire can be administrated via personnel interviews, mail or telephone. Questions should be relevant and recall factors should be considered. It should translate research objectives into specific questions. Motivate respondents to give correct information.
- Direct observation: A close observation of the communication gap between employees, peer staff responsibilities, poor duty consciousness, and review of selection, recruitment and promotion procedure can provide ample evidence for training.
To make the training activity successful and relevant, do take adequate care to see that the selection of the training program in relevant and thoroughly discussed with the employees, constant reviews are provided by the training organization and there are proper feedbacks from the learning are given to the HR department.
This is what will bring in the return on investment (ROI) made on training. Such an investment will lead to a strong workforce which represents the core of success for any business.
Here’s wishing you all a happy and fruitful training for the growth of your organization. Just go for it…… for a 10X growth.